Kalson Medical Group provides treatment for endocrine diseases that can affect your glands. Diabetes and thyroid problems are the primary health concerns referred to our endocrinologist. Our treatment focuses on providing adult patients with convenient, individualized, multispecialty care at one location.
The Endocrine System
The endocrine system is comprised of a complex group of organs called glands that exist throughout the body. Glands produce hormones that are secreted directly into the bloodstream. Hormones control many activities in your body, including reproduction, metabolism, growth, and development. They also influence the way you respond to your surroundings and help give you the energy your body needs to function.
Endocrine conditions include:
- Diabetes – a disease that affects the production of insulin or the body’s response to (or ability to absorb) insulin, causing high blood sugar
- Thyroid diseases – disorders of the thyroid that can involve too much (hyperthyroidism) or too little (hypothyroidism) hormone production
- Metabolic disorders – conditions that affect how the body uses food, which can often lead to excessive weight gain
- Cancers of the endocrine glands, including thyroid cancer
- Osteoporosis – a disease that causes bone loss
- Cholesterol (lipid) disorders – conditions that cause abnormal cholesterol and triglyceride levels, which can lead to other diseases such as heart disease and atherosclerosis
Kalson Medical Group’s endocrinologist can efficiently and effectively evaluate, treat, and help manage endocrine conditions using a variety of screening and medical testing.
Our endocrinologist will work together with your primary care provider to assure a treatment plan that is best suited for your medical needs. Because diabetes and thyroid diseases can affect so many areas and impact so many conditions, Kalson Medical Group offers easy, coordinated access to specialties and services, including: cardiology, neurology, eye care, weight management and pain management. Our approach to diabetes emphasizes education, treatment and prevention of complications. Our endocrinologist works with each patient to explain the importance of exercise, nutrition and blood sugar control for keeping diabetes under control and improving quality of life.