Anemia and Employment
Some People with Anemia, Hb 8- 10mg/dl may NOT experience much problems however they suffer from low performance levels and fatigue earlier.
At Hb levels Less than 10mg/dl, most people will experience the following.
- Feeling tired and weak
- Decreased work and school performance
- Slow cognitive and social development during childhood
- Difficulty maintaining body temperature
- Decreased immune function, which increases susceptibility to infection
- Glossitis (an inflamed tongue)
Impact on Employment:
- Absenteeism from work/duties
- Chronic headaches
- Dizziness and potential to fainting/Blackouts
- Increased sleeping duration.
- Lack of concentration at work and laziness
- May become irritable, angry, depressed
- Complains frequently without Reason
- Lack of interest in the Job.
All persons with Low Hb less than 10mg/dl require Medical Attention, Treatment and Follow-up till their Hb is above 10mg/dl prior Employment.